Fall is time for harvest. It is the best time to explore with children any harvest things:
You can :
- Explore corn and talk discuss with children Thanksgiving; they will enjoy tear leaves and make a doll with ! Do you have any idea how many rows has any corn cob?
- Talk with children about pumpkin and Halloween. Discover what is inside the pumpkin, make a mosaic with coloured pumpkin seeds and pumpkin house for little mouse.
- Discuss with children apple life cycle and play a puppet show with your soft toys about little red house...
Fall is a wonderful time when we can get from Mother Nature all her presents.... So, be thanks-full and tell your child to be respectful to Nature.
At the end of the class we were making a play dough apples. To make it easy for older children i made for them a card:
- Make a red play dough ball
- Make a smaller green play dough ball. Squeeze it from one side with fingers( make a drop) and make it flat. It will be a leaf
- Make 3-4 yellow very skinny sausages - stack it to red ball and flat it - for very young children - avoid this step.
- Make brown small sausage - it will be stem.
- Make small brown ball - it will be place of flower.
- Connect all parts together.
- Dry it for a few days or bake it in oven 2-3 hours.